An Introduction to Australian Technical Schools and Trade Colleges
Technical schools, trade colleges or career schools provide vocational education in which students are taught the skills required to perform a particular job.
Normally, technical schools and trade colleges are not meant to further education in the area of liberal arts, but instead to instruct on job-specific skills, and are seen as institutions devoted to practical training.
In these trade colleges, students take-up a modified Year 12 certificate and commence a school-based apprenticeship in a trade that they select.
Individuals can also elect to take Vocational Educational Training in Queensland at public and private high schools instead of preparing for their Overall Position, which is a tertiary entrance score. Nevertheless, these students typically undertake the more partial vocational education of one day per week as compared to in the trade colleges where the training is more intense.
There are plenty of opportunities in Technical Schools and Trade Colleges where students can acquire skills such as:
- Heavy Equipment Operation
- HVAC Technology
- Automotive Technology
- CNC Machine Operation
Reasons for Going to Technical Schools and Trade Colleges
Among the many clear reasons to attend Technical Schools and Trade Colleges are:
- Employers are inclined to prefer Technical Schools and Trade Colleges graduates
- Applicants with a Technical School or Trade Colleges diploma already have knowledge and hands-on experience in their industry
- More intimate and smaller classrooms for student-teacher interaction
- Actual Hands-on training is offered in Technical Schools and Trade Colleges
Technical Schools and Trade Colleges Cost Less
- TechnicalSchools and Trade Colleges course offerings are no longer than 2-3 years and as brief as 6-10 weeks on normally
- Fees at technical schools and trade colleges are not as much less compared to a four-year college degree
Are Technical Schools and Trade Colleges For You?
If you feel that vocational training is your ideal career path, then technical schools and trade colleges over you the best option to grow a career in a specific industry.
Trade colleges and technical schools offer an undeniable career path when compared to the university path most people presume will lead to guaranteed employment. A factor that helps with Technical Schools and Trade Colleges is the fact that you will enter the workforce earlier than your university counterparts.